Terms & Conditions
Terms of Booking
If you have any questions about booking with us, please contact us before making a booking.
1. This website (www.bedroomsatbrympton.com) is an accommodation reservation portal (the Portal) for the use of those persons (the Clients) who have booked their wedding (the Contracted Date(s)) at Brympton House, Odcombe, Somerset, BA22 8TD (the Venue) and/or the Clients invited guests (the Guest(s)).
2. This portal is not for the use of members of the general public e.g. those persons who are not Clients of the Venue or Guest(s) (of the Clients).
3. Both Clients and Guests are reminded that:
i. It is only permissible to reserve accommodation using this Portal on the Contracted Date(s) that the Client has agreed with the Venue.
ii. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the Guest(s) are informed of the Contracted Date(s).
iii. It is the responsibility of the Client to make it clear to the Guest(s) that they are not permitted to reserve any date(s) other than the Clients Contracted Date(s).
iv. That where a reservation is made on any date other than the Contracted Date(s), the reservation will be subject to cancellation with only a partial refund @ 40% of the total reservation cost.
v. That all reservations may be cancelled by the Venue up to 12 weeks before the date of stay with any consequential liability limited to the total amount paid for the reservation.
vi. That all reservations are non-refundable and non-transferrable at the time of booking even in circumstances where travel plans change or the event is cancelled .
vii. That you may cancel your reservation after checking in if the product is wholly unacceptable and you are therefore unable to make use of it; in which case we will refund you the cost of the room; where you have chosen to continue with the reservation however and stay in the room (notwithstanding reporting a problem) any refund will be calculated as a portion of the total cost in the form of an accommodation voucher.
viii. We reserve the right to share your acceptance of this agreement with any 3rd party as the need arises,
4. Reservations are not accepted by the Portal without payment in full at the time of booking.
5. 3 months before the Clients Contracted Date(s) the Client and Guests may book accommodation for the night before the Contracted Date(s) using the portal (if such rooms are available) and Clause 3. i; ii; iii; iv; v will no longer apply. This is known as the General Release period.
6. Check in time(s) will be advised by the Client to their invited Guests but will not generally be before 12.30 on the wedding day. For a night before check in times will vary from midday until 3 pm.
7. If a problem occurs with the accommodation during your stay please use the QR code in your room to contact the house-keeeping team directly or speak to the Wedding Coordinator who is on site until 6 pm or the Evening Events Manager who is on site until event end.
8. To place a booking on the Portal the lead Guest must be at least 16 years of age. The maximum number of staying guests per room is illustrated in the room occupancy details on the website. Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held liable for additional room charges of £55 pp. Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities, any third-party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
9. All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
10. WiFi Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy. Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and user usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests. The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is not prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
11. Damages & Lost Property. We reserve the right to charge the lead guest for any damages caused through the course of a booking by any member of the booking party. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs. Lost keys will incur a replacement charge per key lost.
12. Any lost property, if discovered and found, left behind by guests during a stay will be held for a period of 1 month. While we will make our best efforts to reunite lost property with their owners we accept no responsibility in replacing lost items and encourage guests to ensure they have all their belonging before checking-out. We will not post lost items, and lost property must be collected in person.
13. Smoking of any tobacco products including, but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff or chewing tobacco, is only allowed in designated areas as sign posted throughout the accommodation and is in accordance with the Health Act 2006.
14. Where on-site parking is provided guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
15. By making a reservation using this portal it is deemed that these terms and conditions have been agreed.
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors at our Grade 1 listed Stately Home which dates from 1350. Although many changes have been made, the essential character of the property remains as it was when it was built. For example, there are no lifts to the upper floors and therefore we may not be able to accommodate those with severe mobility impairment. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities.
There is a parking field with provision for 200 cars at the front of the main house and a smaller car park at the rear of the farm wing. Please ask the wedding party which car park you should use.
You are welcome to drop off bags by the entrance to your accommodation but MUST not park in the front forecourt at any time.
The front and rear of the house are lit by lights.
Main Entrance – Great Hall
The entrance is well lit by lights on either side of the double doors.
The front doors are half glazed and are 208cm wide.
Guests are always escorted to rooms and facilities explained.
There are toilet facilities within the Great Hall – one of which is wheelchair friendly with grab bars by the toilet.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
The great staircase provides access to the first floor Ballroom and bedrooms numbered 1 to 9.
There are 9 steps to 1st landing and further 7 steps to 1st Floor.
Corridors and stairs are well lit during normal operating hours.
Low level lighting operates from 11.00pm to 7.00am
Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor between 9 am and 10 am.
The chairs are without arms and can be moved.
A baby's highchair is available on request.
Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and other diets can usually be accommodated, but please let us know in advance.
There are en suite facilities in all the rooms consisting of a shower or bath tub, WC and wash basin.
All rooms have remote-controlled colour televisions.
We also provide a hairdryer, and additional pillows and blankets are available on request in each room.
Fans are available on request if required.
An iron and ironing board are available.
Our beds are made with synthetic duvets and pillows.
Lighting levels are good throughout and colour contrasts are maintained wherever possible.
Grounds and Gardens
The gardens surrounding the main house are Grade 2* listed. They contain many historic and important features. There are steps leading down to a lower terrace and a croquet lawn sloping down to a 16-foot deep lake. The stone and gravel pathways are often uneven with frequent changes of level. Children must be supervised in the gardens at all times.
There is an audible fire alarm system throughout the house; we ask that guests who are hard of hearing notify us upon arrival so that alternative arrangement can be made.
Mobile phone reception is reasonable for Vodaphone, but otherwise poor.
We endeavour to meet your needs as far as we are able.